Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002
Request for Information – Coupar Angus Town Hall
I refer to your request for information dated 02 August 2021.
The information you requested was:-
I've heard that plans are in place to replace windows and the heating system at Coupar Angus Town Hall. Please let me know the following information:
1. Which of the windows will be replaced, and what type will the new ones be?
2. What type of heating system is currently in place, and what type will the new one be?
3. Are there any other works proposed for the building, e.g. insulation, improved kitchen (much needed)?
4. What will the work cost?
5. What does the old heating system cost to run each year, and what will be the running cost of the new system cost?
6. Lastly, I've been told that there are plans to sell the town hall, and that if any group wants to bring it into community ownership they must do so within 10 days. Is this correct?
In relation to the above, I have been advised of the following;
1 No new windows proposed at present. All existing timber windows are to be repaired and refurbished only and left in an operable condition, as agreed in consultation with the Council’s Planning department.
2 Gas fired heating currently in place and the proposed replacement will also be a gas fired system.
3 The Roof/Attic insulation will be installed as part of the same contract set up for undertaking the window and heating works.
4 The costs for this work are not held at this stage as they are subject to Tender costs being returned from our Framework Contractors. In terms of section 17(1)(b) of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002, this is formal notice that, at this time, this information is not held by Perth and Kinross Council.
5 Approximate running costs for heating are £6,519.50 per annum. Please note, the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 (FOISA) covers information held by a public authority at the time of the request, as the new system is not in place yet, future running costs are not yet known and are therefore not held. In terms of section 17(1)(b) of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002, this is formal notice that this information is not held by Perth and Kinross Council.
6 This is incorrect.
You have a right to request a review of the Council’s decision. Click here to view a copy of our information leaflet which explains how to do this. If you remain dissatisfied after the Council has carried out its review, you can appeal online to the Scottish Information Commissioner
Should you require any further explanation or assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.
Information Compliance Team
Legal & Governance Services
Corporate and Democratic Services
2 High Street